Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dream Cheater.

More than once since marrying Tamsen, I've had dreams in which I've cheated on her. It's important to note, however, that I've never intentionally cheated on her. For whatever reason, I've either not known that there's anything wrong with sleeping with other women (making me a whore, but at least well-intentioned), or been forced against my will to marry someone else.

I had a cheating dream the other night. The first thing about the dream I can remember was being told I was going to marry someone else. "What about Tamsen?" I asked, confused. "What about her? Come over here and get married," they responded. Somewhat bewildered, I went to wherever they were taking me and got married. This new woman seemed like a less than able replacement for Tamsen. I don't remember much, but I remember her having long blond hair and a somewhat vacant look on her face. (Apologies if you think that's you.) We ended up going to our apartment and watching a movie, where she sort of flopped all over the place and fell asleep, while Tamsen gave me a look as if to say, "Seriously? They made you marry this?"

I woke up terrified that I was going to find this strange woman next to me in bed. Fortunately, I didn't. Tamsen got a good laugh out of it when I told her the next day. She tries to call me "DC" (for Dream Cheater), but for whatever reason, it doesn't quite stick. Not that I'm complaining.

I sleep with a bat next to my bed in case someone else ends up in there. You know. Just in case.

2 comments:

Katya said...

Apology accepted.

ambrosia ananas said...

This made me laugh. I'm a dream cheater, too, and I'm always so confused about how I'm going to explain to Bawb that now I'm dating this other guy. Hmm. So I supposed my dream cheating is intentional. Shame on me.