Thursday, November 6, 2008

Brains.


Slight prologue: Tamsen has always slept with a couple of crocheted (?) blankets/shawls that she lovingly refers to as her "Martys". She's always had them, so she's very used to sleeping with them. You know the kind.

So last night, we were lying in bed, and I noticed one of the Martys behind her head with a bit of her hair over it. It almost looked as though the Marty was actually her scalp, and I told her as much. To me, it looked like either a) her head was made of dough, or b) her brains were oozing out. In response, Tamsen made a sort of squishing sound.

I paused for a moment, then asked, "Wait, are you making a brain sound?" She was.

I'm not sure which is stranger - that she chose to make a sound to represent brains, or that I immediately understood that it was a brain sound.

No comments: